Al-Khider and Musa (stories from Qurran)

 

Al-Khider
Hazrat Musa (A.S) got up to deliver a speech before the Children of Israel and he was asked, "Who is the most learned person among the people'' Hazrat Musa (A.S) replied, "I am.'' Allah rebuked him because he did not refer the knowledge to Allah. So Allah revealed to him: "At the junction of the two seas there is a servant of Ours who is more learned than you.'' Hazrat Musa (A.S) asked, "O my Lord, how can I meet him'' Allah said, "Take a fish and put it in a vessel and then set out, and where you lose the fish, you will find him.'' So Hazrat Musa (A.S) took a fish, put it in a vessel and set out, along with his boy-servant Yusha` bin Nun,till they reached a rock . and it had been said to him, when you lose the fish, that will be a sign that you have reached the right place. So they set out and traveled until they reached the junction of the two seas.There was a spring called `Ayn Al-Hayat (the Spring of Life). They both slept there. The fish felt the drops of that water. It came back to life. It was in a vessel .So it jumped out of the vessel towards the sea. The fish fell into the water and started to swim through the water leaving a tunnel behind it.
When Musa got up, his companion forgot to tell him about the fish, and so they carried on their journey during the rest of the day and the whole night. The next morning Hazrat Musa (A.S) said to his boy-servant, "Bring us our morning meal; truly, we have suffered much fatigue in this, our journey.There was a tunnel for the fish and Hazrat Musa (A.S) and his boy-servant were amazed. So they went back retracing their steps until they reached the rock. There they found a man . He was Hazrat Khidr(A.S) . Hazrat Musa (A.S) said, "I have come to you so that you may teach me something of that knowledge which you have been taught.'' Hazrat khider (A.S)said, "You will not be able to have patience with me.
Hazrat Musa (A.S) said, "If Allah wills, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you . Hazrat khider (A.S)said to him, "Then, if you follow me, ask me not about anything till I myself mention it to you.'' So they set out walking along the shore, until a boat passed by and they asked the crew to let them go on board. The crew recognized Hazrat khider (A.S)and allowed them to go on board free of charge. When they went on board, suddenly Hazrat Musa (A.S) saw that Hazrat khider (A.S)had pulled out one of the planks of the ship with an adz. Hazrat Musa (A.S) said to him, "These people gave us a free ride, yet you have broken their boat so that its people will drown."Hazrat khider (A.S)said, "Did I not tell you, that you would not be able to have patience with me'' Hazrat Musa (A.S) said, "Call me not to account for what I forgot
Then a bird came and sat on the edge of the boat, dipping its beak once or twice in the sea. Hazrat khider (A.S)said to Hazrat Musa (A.S) ."My knowledge and your knowledge, in comparison to Allah's knowledge, is like what this bird has taken out of the sea.'' Then they both disembarked from the boat, and while they were walking on the shore, Hazrat khider (A.S)saw a boy playing with other boys. Hazrat khider (A.S)took hold of the boy's head and pulled it off with his hands. Musa said to him, "Have you finished an innocent person. He said, "Did I not tell you that you would not be able to have patience with me'') Hazrat Musa (A.S) said, "If I ask you anything after this, keep me not in your company. Then they proceeded until they came to the people of a town. They asked them for food but they refused to entertain them. They found there a wall on the point of falling down.) Hazrat khider (A.S) set it up straight with his own hands.. At this point Musa said to him:because they did not entertain us as guests, you should not have worked for them for free.
Hazrat khider (A.S) said: " you said after the boy was killed that if you asked me anything after that, you would not accompany me any further. So this is the parting of the ways between me and you but before leave he told Hazrat Musa (A.S) the hidden reasons
Hazrat Khidr (A.S) said, "I damaged the ship to make it faulty, because they used to pass by a king who was one of the oppressors, who seized every good, sound boat by force. `So I wanted to prevent him from taking this boat by making it appear faulty, so that its poor owners who had nothing else could benefit from it. It was also said that they were orphans."And as for the boy was destined to be a disbeliever from the day he was created. His parents were believers, and we feared he would oppress them by rebellion and disbelief .
He said , "And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. And I did them not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of those over which you could not be patient.
Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said that he was called Khidr because he sat on a barren Farwah that turned white, then it turned green (Khadra') beneath him.
Al-Bukhari
Th boy-servant of Hazrat Musa (A.S) who appears at the beginning of the story but then is not mentioned .He was Yusha` bin Nun, who was the one who became the leader of the Children of Israel after Musa, peace be upon him.
Surah Al-Ahzab 60 to 82
                    










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top